Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bigg's Diner - Pili Camarines Norte

This is a long overdue food blog. The experience goes back to February 25 when my office mates and I went to CamSur for the weekend. I'm just happy that I discovered just tonight that OpenRice.com added this branch to the list already. :) Pardon the quality of pictures though, I wasn't prepared with a good camera -.-'

To ready ourselves for a big afternoon trying out Wakeboarding in CWC, we had a big lunch over at Bigg's.


The place looks line a retro American diner. Dotting the wall is a vintage memorabilia of things I only see in old movies -- old telephone, cash register, clock, video camera, radio.


On the other side are road signs uncommon in the Philippines. The ambiance and interior design of the restau really gives you that I'm-in-an-American-diner feel which is a new and refreshing feeling.


They offer a wide variety of meals - pasta dishes, platters, rice toppings; even pizza, burgers and sandwiches, and seafood.
They also have shakes, salad delights, cake for dessert and beverages.


A few of what the group ordered:

Crispy Chicken (2-pc) [P149]
Their pamphlet says that Bigg's best seller is their crispy chicken marinated with spices and citrus. I couldn't agree more. The skin is crunchy but the meat's so tender and juicy it makes your mouth water.

Italian Spaghetti with Chicken and Pizza bread [P162]

The pizza bread looks really enticing, I wish I ordered one for myself.

Carbonara with Chicken [P127]

The pasta was cooked just fine. The serving was more than I could ask for. The sauce was creamy and a bountiful of bacon bits. What's intriguing about it is the toasted garlic bits as toppings which I find surprising and not so appealing. Good thing the sauce was tasty enough to drown the taste of the garlic.


Another I found interesting was the Rock 'n Roll Iced Tea [P47]. I was curious as to why it was tagged as such. I was definitely glad I tried it! I loved it's sweetness. I couldn’t describe or compare it's taste with something else but it's definitely a unique taste. It rocked my lunch alright!

Bigg's Diner
Bigg on Taste

Check out their website! It's fun to navigate… :) http://www.biggsdiner.com/v1/


Santiago
Pili, Camarines Sur
Philippines
(054) 477-1111

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...