Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Razon's of Guagua - SM Masinag


It was a Saturday set to do some household chores so I wasn’t really expecting anything extraordinary. I knew my sister was coming to return something but I didn’t expect she was going to stay long. It was a good thing though that she got so absorbed watching Junior Masterchef that before we knew it, I was done with the laundry. Worried that there weren’t any food establishments open by the time she arrives to her dormitory, I decided to treat her to dinner at a nearby mall.
           

She picked Razon’s over 2 other choice restaurants I gave her. You’ll instantly love the light atmosphere upon entering. 


The walls were pinned with huge pictures of some of their best-sellers like the well-known Halo-Halo, Pancit Luglug and Puto & Dinuguan.

 
  On the other side of the wall is a large map of Pampanga where Razon’s was birthed.


           
Like most restaurants meant for casual dining, they had areas utilizing stools and an area with a couch for more comfortable seating. 


Although Razon’s is themed under a common color – red, I love the shade they have decided to play on which really looks vibrant and attractive. A shout out to the designer who picked the couch design which I find attractive and somewhat hypnotizing.

They’ve also infused a more homey and “local” or ingenious vibe by adding a water dispenser you won’t find in most restaurants plus the cane-on-cane weave utensil caddy.


            My sister went for Pancit Plus 135. It looks and tastes like Pancit Palabok although personally, I believe it would have tasted much better with a more viscous sauce and more pre-sautéed diced pork.


I on the otherhand, hungry from the day’s tasks opted of a heavier Sizzling Sisig meal 150 which is so worth the price! It’s not your typical sisig with a lot of fat and some diced liver.


Instead, it consisted of what seemed like shavings of roast pig! It’s one of the yummiest pork sisig I’ve ever tasted and has eaten on its own (without rice) without getting too sated.


Of course a first time at Razon’s wouldn’t be complete without ordering their famous Halo-Halo 92.00. I ultimately loved the 2 layers of leche flan, it was really soft and sweet, I wish I could have had a whole pan of it! 

Then came the shaved iced which surprised me because I wasn't used to eating halo-halo where the ice instantly melts once it touches your tongue. 


I loved the feeling and recalled all those times I had to crush the ice with my own teeth and thought “Why couldn't everyone use shaved ice?!” I mean, personally, most of my comfort foods are desserts and I believe that eating halo halo should give you a sense of comfort not stress you out trying to crush the big chunks. I wouldn't say this was the best halo halo I've tasted because I prefer those with more components or ingredients, but the combination of the fresh and soft bananas, sweet macapuno bottom and creamy milk, shaved ice and leche flan was good enough to relax me from a tiring day.



Verdict:
Ambiance: 4
Service: 3
Price: 4
Taste: 5
Overall:  4

Spending: 230-250/head

Visit their website http://www.razonsofguagua.com/ and like them in Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RazonsofGuagua

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...